The Lincoln Avenue Academy contract is signed and completed AFTER a child has been accepted into Lincoln Avenue Academy. This contract below is listed for informational purposes only.
By choosing to enroll a child at Lincoln Academy, parents provide their child with an exciting educational opportunity. Registration of a student indicates that parents or guardians have accepted the responsibility to provide the proper interest, encouragement, guidance and home environment to foster the best possible learning situation. Lincoln Academy expects parents/guardians and students to comply with the requirements of the school. Please read the following expectations carefully.
I understand that:
1. My child is expected to attend school every day, to be in class before the tardy bell, and to stay throughout the scheduled hours. I agree to schedule all appointments, including medical, outside of school hours.
2. It is my responsibility to notify the school, in writing, if my child is to be released into the custody of another adult in order to leave the school grounds. I also understand that this adult must be registered on the Polk County School Board's Parent Portal.
3. My child is participating in a rigorous academic program and will maintain continuous academic progress at the current grade level and develop work habits necessary for success in learning. Students performing below grade level, as measured by either test results or grades, may be required to participate in summer learning, remediation throughout the day/year, and bimonthly/monthly meetings to build the home/school connection and offer support.
4. My child is to adhere to the uniform and dress code, as well as, the discipline policy of the school. Please refer to the Lincoln Academy parent/student handbook for all guidelines and policies.
5. As a parent, I must be supportive of my child and his/her school. I understand that I (or an adult representative) am required to attend all parent conferences, school meetings, and other activities sponsored by the school.
6. It is my responsibility to review, sign and return all homework and communications when requested.
7. I understand that my child is participating in an educational program that is framed by the International Baccalaureate philosophy. While my child is a student at Lincoln Academy, I agree to support any of his/her academic endeavors as outlined by the school's curriculum, which consists of activities centered around intercultural understanding and respect, including but not limited to Spanish language acquisition.
8. I understand that our family must meet the expectation of twenty volunteer hours each year.